Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2013

      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

      Wayne & Christina

    • Troels Forchhammer
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2013
        Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

        /Troels

        On 9 May 2013 18:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

        I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
        http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

        Best,
        Jason

        --
            Love while you've got
                love to give.
        Message 3 of 11 , May 10, 2013
          Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

          > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
          >

          > Best,
          > Jason

        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 11 , May 30, 2013
            Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

            I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

            -- Lynn --