Re: Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Leslie A. Donovan
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2013
      And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

      Leslie

      Leslie A. Donovan
      Associate Professor, Honors College
      UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
      Regents' Scholars Coordinator

      Honors College
      MSC06 3890
      1 University of New Mexico
      Albuquerque, NM 87131
      (505) 277-4313
      ldonovan@...
      http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
    • Wayne G. Hammond
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2013

        I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
        http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

        Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

        Wayne & Christina

      • Troels Forchhammer
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2013
          Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

          /Troels

          On 9 May 2013 18:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

          I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

          Best,
          Jason

          --
              Love while you've got
                  love to give.
          Message 4 of 11 , May 10, 2013
            Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

            > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
            > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
            >

            > Best,
            > Jason

          • lynnmaudlin
            Message 5 of 11 , May 30, 2013
              Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

              I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

              -- Lynn --