Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Alana Joli Abbott
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2013
      Congratulations!

      -Alana

      On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

      That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

      Andy

      Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
      07447644884

      On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Best,
      Jason

      Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
      Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
      Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
    • Leslie A. Donovan
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2013
        And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

        Leslie

        Leslie A. Donovan
        Associate Professor, Honors College
        UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
        Regents' Scholars Coordinator

        Honors College
        MSC06 3890
        1 University of New Mexico
        Albuquerque, NM 87131
        (505) 277-4313
        ldonovan@...
        http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
      • Wayne G. Hammond
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2013

          I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

          Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

          Wayne & Christina

        • Troels Forchhammer
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2013
            Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

            /Troels

            --
                Love while you've got
                    love to give.
            Message 5 of 11 , May 10, 2013
              Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

              > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
              > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
              >

              > Best,
              > Jason

            • lynnmaudlin
              Message 6 of 11 , May 30, 2013
                Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                -- Lynn --