Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • ftl_publications
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
      How wonderful!

      Congratulations!

      Joan

      --- Original Message ---
      From: Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...>
      To: Mythsoc Listserv <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com>
      CC:
      Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 09:39:59 -0700 (PDT)
      Subject: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

      > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are
      Locus Award finalists for their book,�J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by
      J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing
      them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in
      Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the
      details here:
      > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
      >
      > Best,
      > Jason

    • Alana Joli Abbott
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
        Congratulations!

        -Alana

        On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

        That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

        Andy

        Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
        07447644884

        On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

        I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
        http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

        Best,
        Jason

        Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
        Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
        Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
      • Leslie A. Donovan
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9 10:30 AM
          And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

          Leslie

          Leslie A. Donovan
          Associate Professor, Honors College
          UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
          Regents' Scholars Coordinator

          Honors College
          MSC06 3890
          1 University of New Mexico
          Albuquerque, NM 87131
          (505) 277-4313
          ldonovan@...
          http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
        • Wayne G. Hammond
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9 10:34 AM

            I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
            http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

            Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

            Wayne & Christina

          • Troels Forchhammer
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9 10:46 AM
              Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

              /Troels

              --
                  Love while you've got
                      love to give.
              Message 6 of 11 , May 10 5:58 AM
                Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

                > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
                >

                > Best,
                > Jason

              • lynnmaudlin
                Message 7 of 11 , May 30 7:38 PM
                  Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                  I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                  -- Lynn --