Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Andrew Higgins
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2013
      That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

      Andy

      Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
      07447644884

      On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Best,
      Jason

    • ftl_publications
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2013
        How wonderful!

        Congratulations!

        Joan

        > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are
        Locus Award finalists for their book,�J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by
        J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing
        them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in
        Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the
        details here:
        > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
        >
        > Best,
        > Jason

      • Alana Joli Abbott
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2013
          Congratulations!

          -Alana

          On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

          That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

          Andy

          Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
          07447644884

          On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

          I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

          Best,
          Jason

          Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
          Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
          Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
        • Leslie A. Donovan
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2013
            And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

            Leslie

            Leslie A. Donovan
            Associate Professor, Honors College
            UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
            Regents' Scholars Coordinator

            Honors College
            MSC06 3890
            1 University of New Mexico
            Albuquerque, NM 87131
            (505) 277-4313
            ldonovan@...
            http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
          • Wayne G. Hammond
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2013

              I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
              http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

              Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

              Wayne & Christina

            • Troels Forchhammer
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2013
                Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

                /Troels

                --
                    Love while you've got
                        love to give.
                Message 7 of 11 , May 10, 2013
                  Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

                  > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                  > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
                  >

                  > Best,
                  > Jason

                • lynnmaudlin
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 30, 2013
                    Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                    I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                    -- Lynn --