Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9, 2013
      Indeed!  Congratulations are richly deserved.  Good luck!

      doug

      Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:52 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

      Congratulations indeed to Christine and Wayne.

      Their book richly deserves this honor.

      See you at Mythcon.

      Mike

      Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:39 AM

      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Best,
      Jason

      No virus found in this message.

    • Andrew Higgins
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9, 2013
        That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

        Andy

        Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
        07447644884

        On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

        I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
        http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

        Best,
        Jason

      • ftl_publications
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9, 2013
          How wonderful!

          Congratulations!

          Joan

          > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are
          Locus Award finalists for their book,�J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by
          J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing
          them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in
          Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the
          details here:
          > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
          >
          > Best,
          > Jason

        • Alana Joli Abbott
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9, 2013
            Congratulations!

            -Alana

            On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

            That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

            Andy

            Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
            07447644884

            On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

            I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
            http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

            Best,
            Jason

            Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
            Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
            Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
          • Leslie A. Donovan
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9, 2013
              And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

              Leslie

              Leslie A. Donovan
              Associate Professor, Honors College
              UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
              Regents' Scholars Coordinator

              Honors College
              MSC06 3890
              1 University of New Mexico
              Albuquerque, NM 87131
              (505) 277-4313
              ldonovan@...
              http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
            • Wayne G. Hammond
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9, 2013

                I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

                Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

                Wayne & Christina

              • Troels Forchhammer
                Message 7 of 11 , May 9, 2013
                  Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

                  /Troels

                  --
                      Love while you've got
                          love to give.
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 10, 2013
                    Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

                    > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                    > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
                    >

                    > Best,
                    > Jason

                  • lynnmaudlin
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 30, 2013
                      Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                      I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                      -- Lynn --