Re: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9 9:52 AM
      Congratulations indeed to Christine and Wayne.

      Their book richly deserves this honor.

      See you at Mythcon.

      Mike

      Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:39 AM
      Subject: [mythsoc] Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Best,
      Jason
    • Doug Kane
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9 9:54 AM
        Indeed!  Congratulations are richly deserved.  Good luck!

        doug

        Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:39 AM

        I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
        http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

        Best,
        Jason

        No virus found in this message.

      • Andrew Higgins
        Message 3 of 11 , May 9 10:08 AM
          That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

          Andy

          Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
          07447644884

          On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

          I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

          Best,
          Jason

        • ftl_publications
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
            How wonderful!

            Congratulations!

            Joan

            > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are
            Locus Award finalists for their book,�J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by
            J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing
            them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in
            Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the
            details here:
            > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
            >
            > Best,
            > Jason

          • Alana Joli Abbott
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
              Congratulations!

              -Alana

              On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

              That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

              Andy

              Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
              07447644884

              On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

              I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
              http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

              Best,
              Jason

              Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
              Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
              Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
            • Leslie A. Donovan
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9 10:30 AM
                And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

                Leslie

                Leslie A. Donovan
                Associate Professor, Honors College
                UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
                Regents' Scholars Coordinator

                Honors College
                MSC06 3890
                1 University of New Mexico
                Albuquerque, NM 87131
                (505) 277-4313
                ldonovan@...
                http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
              • Wayne G. Hammond
                Message 7 of 11 , May 9 10:34 AM

                  I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                  http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

                  Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

                  Wayne & Christina

                • Troels Forchhammer
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 9 10:46 AM
                    Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

                    /Troels

                    --
                        Love while you've got
                            love to give.
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 10 5:58 AM
                      Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

                      > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                      > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
                      >

                      > Best,
                      > Jason

                    • lynnmaudlin
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 30 7:38 PM
                        Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                        I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                        -- Lynn --