Congratulations to Wayne and Christina!

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 11 , May 9 9:39 AM
      I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
      http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

      Best,
      Jason
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 11 , May 9 9:52 AM
        Congratulations indeed to Christine and Wayne.

        Their book richly deserves this honor.

        See you at Mythcon.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 11 , May 9 9:54 AM
          Indeed!  Congratulations are richly deserved.  Good luck!

          doug

          Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:39 AM

          I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
          http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

          Best,
          Jason

          No virus found in this message.

        • Andrew Higgins
          Message 4 of 11 , May 9 10:08 AM
            That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

            Andy

            Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
            07447644884

            On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

            I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
            http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

            Best,
            Jason

          • ftl_publications
            Message 5 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
              How wonderful!

              Congratulations!

              Joan

              > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are
              Locus Award finalists for their book,�J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by
              J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing
              them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in
              Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the
              details here:
              > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
              >
              > Best,
              > Jason

            • Alana Joli Abbott
              Message 6 of 11 , May 9 10:26 AM
                Congratulations!

                -Alana

                On Thu, May 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Andrew Higgins <asthiggins@...> wrote:

                That is brilliant such an excellent book that I refer to again and again bravi

                Andy

                Sent from iPhone of Andrew Higgins asthiggins@...
                07447644884

                On 9 May 2013, at 17:39, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

                I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

                Best,
                Jason

                Author of Into the Reach and Departure http://tinyurl.com/aja-ebooks
                Regaining Home is Kickstarted! http://tinyurl.com/kickstartregaininghome
                Author of interactive novel Choice of Kung Fu http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
              • Leslie A. Donovan
                Message 7 of 11 , May 9 10:30 AM
                  And Wayne and Christina will be presenting at Mythcon 44 on The Art of the Hobbit. So, hoorah for all of us!

                  Leslie

                  Leslie A. Donovan
                  Associate Professor, Honors College
                  UNM Presidential Teaching Fellow
                  Regents' Scholars Coordinator

                  Honors College
                  MSC06 3890
                  1 University of New Mexico
                  Albuquerque, NM 87131
                  (505) 277-4313
                  ldonovan@...
                  http://www.unm.edu/~ldonovan
                • Wayne G. Hammond
                  Message 8 of 11 , May 9 10:34 AM

                    I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                    http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/

                    Thanks, Jason, and everyone. We learned about this ourselves only last night!

                    Wayne & Christina

                  • Troels Forchhammer
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 9 10:46 AM
                      Good news, congratulations and best wishes, indeed!

                      /Troels

                      --
                          Love while you've got
                              love to give.
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 10 5:58 AM
                        Congratulations from the other side of the pond as well. This is just wonderful!

                        > I just learned via Andrew Wells that Wayne Hammond and Christina Scull are Locus Award finalists for their book, J.R.R. Tolkien: The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien. I hope you will all join me in congratulating them and wishing them luck! The winners will be announced during the Locus Awards Weekend in Seattle, June 28-30, 2013 (that's just across town for me!). You can read the details here:
                        > http://www.locusmag.com/News/2013/05/2013-locus-awards-finalists/
                        >

                        > Best,
                        > Jason

                      • lynnmaudlin
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 30 7:38 PM
                          Sort of a "don't let the left hand know what the right hand is doing" thing, eh?!

                          I look forward to seeing you and Christina at Mythcon 44 this summer. :D

                          -- Lynn --