Re: Two questions about Greek in "English and Welsh".

  • Damien
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 6:10 AM
      Hello,

      I believe Tolkien is referring there to Quenya, which he described thus in Letter #144:

      "The archaic language of lore is meant to be a kind of `Elven-latin'. . . . Actually it might be said to be composed on a Latin basis with two other (main) ingredients that happen to give me `phonaesthetic' pleasure: Finnish and Greek."

      Best regards,
      Damien