DVD/dwarves' song

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 29, 2013
      Hi Mich
         Afraid I have no idea if audio descriptive tracks will be included. Sorry.
      --John R.

      On Apr 28, 2013, at 1:26 PM, Mich wrote:
      Hi John and all. do you happen to know if the extended edition,  will include any different audio tracks like a audio description track for the blind? I am not holding my breath since it is a wb release but I thought I would ask all the same. I did hear maybe it was on this list of a big box set coming out in 2015 that would include all of the hobbit movies and all of the  lotr movies and that this set would include access features like talking menus and audio description etc but again as I said I am not holding my breath since wb's track record so far as far as access go's is crap at best. but yet when these same movies like the hobbit and Argo come out in places like the UK They include a audio description track for the blind as part of the standard audio track features on the DVD's. from Mich.

      The dwarves' song was one of the high points of the movie for me. They really did capture, for me, Tolkien's "deep-throated singing of the dwarves". My only complaint was that it was just a fragment (both on the dvd and the cd soundtrack); I'm hoping a complete version appears in the extended edition.

      --JDR
    • Doug Kane
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi John,

        > I'm hoping a complete version appears in the extended edition.

        I'd say that is about as likely as getting the rest of the riddles in the extended edition.  Which is to say, not very likely at all.

        Doug