Re: [mythsoc] Real Pagans

  • Diane Joy Baker
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2000
      From: <Stolzi@...>
      To: <mythsoc@egroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2000 6:09 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] [Fwd: Harry Potter as Satan's agent]

      > I once found a book in the bookstore on reviving the Norse religion. Was
      > totally disillusioned by what they wrote about conducting a sacrifice.
      As I
      > recall the sacrifice had the succinct name of "Blod." Well, these namby
      > pamby pagans wanted to have a Blod by just pouring out milk, or wine, or
      > something.
      >
      > Pah! :)
      >
      > Mary S

      Always wondered what it would be like if a real pagan (oh, let's say from
      ancient Greece) met a New Ager type pagan. I'm convinced the lack of
      relativistic thinking, insistance on a sense of "right" and "wrong" would be
      something that would "produce nagative vibes" in the NA version. Not to
      mention the passionate belief.

      (Ancient Rome had its relativists, too. After all, Euhemerus was writing
      about and invented the concept of "euhemerization.") ---djb.