Re: [mythsoc] The song [was: Who's buying the DVD?]

  • SherryT
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 11:51 AM
      Another great point!
      From: David Emerson <emerdavid@...>
      the song is meant to be stirring, not wistful.  It portrays the determination and passion the dwarves have for their quest.

      Under the Mercy,
      SherryT

      Look for "Shadow Harper" in the new anthology "UnCONventional".
       Kaynak & Wooldridge, editors.     http://amzn.to/t7O8Lb
      The Narentan Tumults: SEABIRD   http://bit.ly/bKBQ7x
      EARTHBOW Vol.1 http://bit.ly/b9vDW1  Vol.2 http://amzn.to/8XXrVo

      From: Larry Swain

      Yes, David, you hit it on the head.  A faster moving song, with a more martial beat, and Tolkien gives us the instrumentation for it (including drumming on things) that is absent in the movie, or so subtle as to make no impact on me.

      Larry Swain

      On Mon, Apr 29, 2013, at 08:35 AM, David Bratman wrote:

      I'm curious: what did you have in mind, Larry?  Do you hear it as a faster-moving song, for instance?