Re: [mythsoc] Who's buying the DVD?

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 28 12:37 PM
      I bought it, of course, the day it went on sale and have now watched it multiple times (five in the theatre, five on dvd). I was particularly impressed by how much is going on in the background of some scenes, such as those at Bag End. There are a lot of little character-building moments with the various dwarves that I didn't take in on a first or second or third viewing, where I was focusing on the main characters in a scene.

      All in all, my reaction is pretty much what I expected: I enjoy the scenes I'd liked on the big screen, and didn't like those I hadn't liked. So I don't think having or not having the dvd will have a major impact on anybody's appreciation or otherwise of the film. Luckily, I liked it v. much indeed, so I'm glad to have the chance to re-watch it anytime I feel like.

      November comes the extended edition, and December the next installment. Seven (eight) months to go.

      --John R.

      On Apr 27, 2013, at 6:11 PM, shawnareppert wrote:

      > Wondering who out there is going to be buying The Hobbit DVD? I will, simply because the parts that are actually Tolkien are worth watching over and over (the dwarves singing 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold', oh, yes) and with a DVD I can skip over the annoying PJ additions.
    • Doug Kane
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 29 3:30 PM
        Hi John,

        > I'm hoping a complete version appears in the extended edition.

        I'd say that is about as likely as getting the rest of the riddles in the extended edition.  Which is to say, not very likely at all.

        Doug