Re: [mythsoc] Who's buying the DVD?

  • Bill West
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 28 7:16 AM
      I will, eventually. My family gave me each of the LOTR movies as Christmas gifts, so I'll wait to see if one of them gives me The Hobbit this year, and if they don't then I'll buy it for myself.

      Since I'm a bit older now and without a car at this time, my kid brother took me to see it when
      it came out in the theaters. It was a nice turn around. I'm seventeen years older than him and I was the one who took him to see the Star Wars, E.T. and other sf and fantasy movies when he was a kid. I could never get him hooked on the book trilogy, although he did read my C.S.Lewis and Andre Norton books.

      Bill

      On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM, shawnareppert <evenstar@...> wrote:

      Wondering who out there is going to be buying The Hobbit DVD? I will, simply because the parts that are actually Tolkien are worth watching over and over (the dwarves singing 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold', oh, yes) and with a DVD I can skip over the annoying PJ additions.

    • Doug Kane
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 29 3:30 PM
        Hi John,

        > I'm hoping a complete version appears in the extended edition.

        I'd say that is about as likely as getting the rest of the riddles in the extended edition.  Which is to say, not very likely at all.

        Doug