Re: [mythsoc] Who's buying the DVD?

  • Linda DeMars
    Message 1 of 31 , Apr 27, 2013
      I bought the dvd for my spl ed son who loves movies and books on tape and JRRTolkien (As he says- he also calls C.S.Lewis "Jack")  Last Saturday we watched it with his nephews - who had been reading the book and had not seen the movie. They visited, just for the day, and opted  to watch the DVD at our house insead of going to the movie because they said - "if we go to the movie, that's the day. If we watch the dvd, we can stop it and walk the dog, go out for pizza, and go to the park with Mom and sister, etc., also talk to you and Grandpa and Ashton., maybe read a bit, choose books and magazines to take home.' I watched it again with the boys. Eight year old sister was not interested. Boys ages 12 and 14 were very interested and really like it.

      I enjoyed the dvd and I really enjoyed it at the movie theatre. Yes, the fight in the goblin cave did go on for ever.  I am wondering if those who had not read the footnotes (or whatever they were ) in the Lord of the Ring series [would have enjoyed it as much.

      LindaC

      On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM, shawnareppert <evenstar@...> wrote:

      Wondering who out there is going to be buying The Hobbit DVD? I will, simply because the parts that are actually Tolkien are worth watching over and over (the dwarves singing 'Far Over the Misty Mountains Cold', oh, yes) and with a DVD I can skip over the annoying PJ additions.

    • Doug Kane
      Message 31 of 31 , Apr 29, 2013
        Hi John,

        > I'm hoping a complete version appears in the extended edition.

        I'd say that is about as likely as getting the rest of the riddles in the extended edition.  Which is to say, not very likely at all.

        Doug