Re: [mythsoc] Your favorite mythopoeic books

  • Trudy Shaw
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 19, 2000
      On my "top ten" list of mythopoeic books, The Lord of the Rings and the
      Silmarillion are definitely 1&2. Otherwise, the following aren't in any
      particular order (except the order in which they came to mind, which maybe
      says something):

      1. The Lord of the Rings -- J.R.R. Tolkien
      2. The Silmarillion -- J.R.R. Tolkien
      3. All Hallows' Eve -- Charles Williams
      4. Till We Have Faces -- C.S. Lewis
      5. Utopia -- Thomas More
      6. The Divine Comedy -- Dante Alighieri
      7. The Little Prince -- Antoine de Saint Exupery*
      8. Winnie-the-Pooh/The House at Pooh Corner -- A.A. Milne
      9. The Wizard of Oz -- L. Frank Baum
      10. Animal Farm -- George Orwell

      *Someone in this group recently mentioned a new translation of The Little
      Prince. Is there any more info on it?

      -- Trudy Shaw