Re: [mythsoc] Your favorite mythopoeic books
- On my "top ten" list of mythopoeic books, The Lord of the Rings and the
Silmarillion are definitely 1&2. Otherwise, the following aren't in any
particular order (except the order in which they came to mind, which maybe
1. The Lord of the Rings -- J.R.R. Tolkien
2. The Silmarillion -- J.R.R. Tolkien
3. All Hallows' Eve -- Charles Williams
4. Till We Have Faces -- C.S. Lewis
5. Utopia -- Thomas More
6. The Divine Comedy -- Dante Alighieri
7. The Little Prince -- Antoine de Saint Exupery*
8. Winnie-the-Pooh/The House at Pooh Corner -- A.A. Milne
9. The Wizard of Oz -- L. Frank Baum
10. Animal Farm -- George Orwell
*Someone in this group recently mentioned a new translation of The Little
Prince. Is there any more info on it?
-- Trudy Shaw
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 7:20 PM
Subject: [mythsoc] Your favorite mythopoeic books
> Ken Burtness asked me to pass the following on to members of this list:
> Ken is doing a survey to discover people's favorite "mythopoeic books".
> would like you to send him (at purplewolf@...) a list of your
> favorite mythopoeic books.