Re: [mythsoc] after all the hobbet movies are out in witch order do people th...

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13, 2013
      Because we'd have to watch the movie again. That was the third time I'd
      seen that movie, and there's only so much a man can take.

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 14, 2013
        What I meant was what Mike Foster suggested in his most recent post.  I thought that in 2004 we'd do The Two Towers and in 2005 we'd do The Return of the King.  We've missed our chance for that, but this year we could do The Hobbit, Part I.

        Wendell Wagner

        In a message dated 4/13/2013 10:47:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbratman@... writes:

        Because we'd have to watch the movie again. That was the third time I'd
        seen that movie, and there's only so much a man can take.

        >I still wonder why we haven't done that again.
        >
        > Wendell Wagner
        >

        > In a message dated 4/13/2013 2:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > dbratman@... writes:
        >
        > The "Mystery Science Theater"-style screening of Jackson's Fellowship at
        > the 2003 Mythcon, where we all interjected our own one-liners, was one of
        > the best evenings I've ever spent at a movie.

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 15, 2013
          That might be fun.

          Those who loathe Jackson could gather elsewhere and re-enact The Children of Hurin with finger-puppets.

          Mike

          >I still wonder why we haven't done that again.
          >
          > Wendell Wagner
          >

          > In a message dated 4/13/2013 2:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          > mailto:dbratman%40earthlink.net writes:
          >
          > The "Mystery Science Theater"-style screening of Jackson's Fellowship at
          > the 2003 Mythcon, where we all interjected our own one-liners, was one of
          > the best evenings I've ever spent at a movie.

        • lynnmaudlin
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 24, 2013
            If you're interested in doing it, write to Marion Van Loo, this year's Mythcon chair, and suggest it. She's not planning an evening film track, so it would take arranging for the space. You and/or Mike can email her at mythcon44 *at* mythsoc *dot* org.

            -- Lynn --