Re: [mythsoc] after all the hobbet movies are out in witch order do people th...

  • wendell_wagner
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 13 5:04 PM
      I still wonder why we haven't done that again.

      Wendell Wagner

      In a message dated 4/13/2013 2:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbratman@... writes:
      The "Mystery Science Theater"-style screening of Jackson's Fellowship at the 2003 Mythcon, where we all interjected our own one-liners, was one of the best evenings I've ever spent at a movie.
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 13 5:13 PM
        Because we'd have to watch the movie again. That was the third time I'd
        seen that movie, and there's only so much a man can take.

        >I still wonder why we haven't done that again.
        >
        > Wendell Wagner
        >

        > In a message dated 4/13/2013 2:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
        > dbratman@... writes:
        >
        > The "Mystery Science Theater"-style screening of Jackson's Fellowship at
        > the 2003 Mythcon, where we all interjected our own one-liners, was one of
        > the best evenings I've ever spent at a movie.

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 13 6:42 PM
          Let’s do it in 2013 with THE HOBBIT part one.

          No hitting.  No throwing of glasses or shoes.

          Mike

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 14 9:50 PM
            What I meant was what Mike Foster suggested in his most recent post.  I thought that in 2004 we'd do The Two Towers and in 2005 we'd do The Return of the King.  We've missed our chance for that, but this year we could do The Hobbit, Part I.

            Wendell Wagner

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 15 6:39 AM
              That might be fun.

              Those who loathe Jackson could gather elsewhere and re-enact The Children of Hurin with finger-puppets.

              Mike

              >I still wonder why we haven't done that again.
              >
              > Wendell Wagner
              >

              > In a message dated 4/13/2013 2:26:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
              > mailto:dbratman%40earthlink.net writes:
              >
              > The "Mystery Science Theater"-style screening of Jackson's Fellowship at
              > the 2003 Mythcon, where we all interjected our own one-liners, was one of
              > the best evenings I've ever spent at a movie.

            • lynnmaudlin
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 24 6:00 PM
                If you're interested in doing it, write to Marion Van Loo, this year's Mythcon chair, and suggest it. She's not planning an evening film track, so it would take arranging for the space. You and/or Mike can email her at mythcon44 *at* mythsoc *dot* org.

                -- Lynn --