Re: Tolkien and Nodens in the news this morning.

  • IcelofAngeln
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11 6:19 AM
      Note also that the gold ring in question was *not* found at Lydney; it had been dig up in the 18th century near Silchester and was not part of the Wheeler excavation at all; the connection lies in the fact that it appears likely to have been the ring referenced in the lead curse-tablet found at Lydney (which had itself been discovered decades before 1929).

      The Press engaged in another Parrott's Folly, I'm afraid; and it's a shame the UK Tolkien Society seem to be playing along.