A biography of Fr. Francis is published.

  • juanitopanchacoco
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
      A biography of Fr. Francis Morgan, the guardian of Tolkien, is published in Spain. The book entitled "La Conexion Española de J.R.R. Tolkien" (J.R.R. Tolkien' Spanish Connection) have 262 pages and is published by Editorial Csed. The author is Jose Manuel Ferrández who already published articles on the relationship between Tolkien and Fr. Francis in Tolkien Studies or in Mallorn.

      The book is about the familiar origins of Fr. Francis, his relationship with the Birmingham Oratory and the Cardinal Newman and obviously on his personal and intellectual influence on Tolkien.

      Unfortunatelly this book is only available in Spanish.

      More info in the website of the author:

      http://www.josemanuelferrandez.com/ENconexion.html
    • Morgan Thomsen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013
        Thanks for the notification!

        I managed to make an international purchase of the book through Elcorteingles.es. The other available options didn't work for me: the various sellers on Amazon.es only had national dispatch and Logintegral-libros.com appears to be a wholesale distributor.

        /Morgan Thomsen

        On Mar 25, 2013 15:06 "juanitopanchacoco" <juanitopanchacoco@...> wrote:

        A biography of Fr. Francis Morgan, the guardian of Tolkien, is published
        in Spain. The book entitled "La Conexion Española de J.R.R. Tolkien"
        (J.R.R. Tolkien' Spanish Connection) have 262 pages and is published by
        Editorial Csed. The author is Jose Manuel Ferrández who already
        published articles on the relationship between Tolkien and Fr. Francis
        in Tolkien Studies or in Mallorn.

        The book is about the familiar origins of Fr. Francis, his relationship
        with the Birmingham Oratory and the Cardinal Newman and obviously on his
        personal and intellectual influence on Tolkien.

        Unfortunatelly this book is only available in Spanish.

        More info in the website of the author:

        http://www.josemanuelferrandez.com/ENconexion.html

      • juanito panchacoco
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 25, 2013