Charles Williams in The New Yorker

  • Jason Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
    • Mike Foster
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 15, 2013
        Thanks, Jase.

        I share JRRT’s distaste for CW, as does the author here.  CW’s book on black magic was frankly too knowing, and thus a bit creepy.  THAT HIDEOUS is in some ways the best (dualism of plot and character, the names) but worst (Ransom shimmers off into evanescence and in not the Elwin of the first two Ransom novels). of CSL’s trilogy.

        Mike

        Sent: Friday, March 15, 2013 12:52 PM
        Subject: [mythsoc] Charles Williams in The New Yorker

        A piece on Charles Williams in one of The New Yorker blogs: