Two interesting articles from Slate

  • wendell_wagner
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      This one is interesting because it's a short essay about something of interest to us in a general-interest online magazine:

      This is interesting because it's an Inklings-related pun in the title of an article about something else that's not just one more annoying attempt to use the words "lord" and "ring" in a title as if that showed that the title-writer was so all-fired clever:

      Wendell Wagner
    • Croft, Janet B.
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013

        That…was one of the worst puns I have seen in a long time.

        Janet Brennan Croft

        This one is interesting because it's a short essay about something of interest to us in a general-interest online magazine:

        This is interesting because it's an Inklings-related pun in the title of an article about something else that's not just one more annoying attempt to use the words "lord" and "ring" in a title as if that showed that the title-writer was so all-fired clever:

        Wendell Wagner

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
          Thanks, Wendell,
          Cringeful I am when a commentator quotes the film script, not the book.

          “Badass” is not exactly the most apt term for Gandalf.