Re: Tolkien as a gateway drug

  • shawnareppert
    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 7, 2013
      Love all the discussion, especially love seeing my old 'friends' mentioned. Ursula LeGuin, Robin McKinley, Ray Bradbury (Something Wicked This Way Comes, oh, yes.) Patricia McPhillip just keeps getting better and better.

      Surprised no one else mentioned one of my later, twenty-plus year addiction: Charles de Lint. His writing totally rocks my world. Had the privilege to workshop with him, and can report he is also a wonderful gentleman and a superb teacher.

      --Shawna Reppert

      author of The Stolen Luck, coming soon from Carina Press

      www.ShawnaReppert.com