Re: [mythsoc] Sojourners article on Tolkien

  • Jo Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
      The link that Janet posted to Christian History 78 indicates that Christianity Today International is the publisher of Christian History.   Still, publishing a book is not that same as publishing an issue of a journal.

      Jo

      Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:52 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Sojourners article on Tolkien

      I did write a piece for CHRISTIAN HISTORY a while ago dealing with the onset of JRRT’s popularity in the USA.

      This could be it.

      This new book, however, is news to me.

      Cheers,
      Mike

      Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:37 PM

      This book looks like it’s mostly a reprint of articles from their special Tolkien issue in 2003, republished now to capitalize on the Hobbit film:

      http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Christian_History_78

      Janet Brennan Croft

      Associate Professor
      Head of Access Services
      University of Oklahoma Libraries
      Bizzell 106NW
      Norman OK 73019
      405-325-1918
      Fax 405-325-7618
      jbcroft@...
      http://ou.academia.edu/JanetCroft

      http://libraries.ou.edu/
      Editor of Mythlore
      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore.html

      “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.