Re: [mythsoc] Sojourners article on Tolkien

  • Mike Foster
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
      Yes.  That’s the 2003 article I did.

      Thanks, Janet.

      Looking forward to reading the reviews.  Winking smile

      Mike

      Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:42 PM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Sojourners article on Tolkien

      It certainly looks like it! Good call, Janet. :)

      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 15, 2013
        The link that Janet posted to Christian History 78 indicates that Christianity Today International is the publisher of Christian History.   Still, publishing a book is not that same as publishing an issue of a journal.

        Jo

        Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:52 PM

        I did write a piece for CHRISTIAN HISTORY a while ago dealing with the onset of JRRT’s popularity in the USA.

        This could be it.

        This new book, however, is news to me.

        Cheers,
        Mike

        Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:37 PM

        This book looks like it’s mostly a reprint of articles from their special Tolkien issue in 2003, republished now to capitalize on the Hobbit film:

        http://tolkiengateway.net/wiki/Christian_History_78

        Janet Brennan Croft

        Associate Professor
        Head of Access Services