A few words from J.R.R. Tolkien

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19, 2012
      "I believe that mad Baggins is off again. Silly old fool." - Rory
      Brandybuck

      "You will be a fool if you do, Bilbo" - Gandalf

      "As for the name, Bilbo very foolishly told Gollum himself" - Gandalf

      "Wretched fool!" - Gandalf, re Gollum

      "Don't be a fool! What have you heard, and why did you listen?" - Gandalf,
      to Sam

      "Tell me, if my asking does not seem foolish, who is Tom Bombadil?" - Frodo

      "And why on earth did we behave so foolishly?" - Frodo, to Pippin and Sam

      "You have a stout heart, but it was foolish" - Aragorn, to Merry

      "I will roast the old fool over a slow fire" - Gandalf, re Butterbur

      "Ass! Fool! Thrice worthy and beloved Barliman" - Gandalf, slightly later

      "If ... I am allowed a little peace from foolish questions, I will seek for
      the opening words" - Gandalf, to Pippin

      "Fool of a Took!" - Gandalf, slightly later

      "So ended the attempt to retake Moria! It was valiant but foolish." -
      Gandalf

      "Fly, you fools!" - Gandalf

      "Take it off! Fool, take it off!" - the Voice (as Shippey points out,
      recognizable as Gandalf's through its asperity), to Frodo

      "Then, Eomer son of Eomund, Third Marshal of Riddermark, let Gimli the Dwarf
      Gloin's son warn you against foolish words." - Gimli (the Dwarf, Gloin's
      son)

      "Foolishness! Prudence is one thing, but discourtesy is another" - Gandalf,
      to Hama

      "You speak like a fool" - Gimli (the Dwarf, Gloin's son), to Legolas

      "Get up, you tom-fool of a Took!" - Gandalf

      "You have become a fool, Saruman" - Gandalf

      "You idiotic fool!" - Pippin, to himself

      "A fool, but an honest fool, you remain, Peregrin Took" - Gandalf

      "You revealed yourself to me just now, foolishly" - Frodo, to Gollum

      "Don't you go taking advantage of my master because his servant's no better
      than a fool" - Sam, to Faramir

      "You must pardon my foolishness" - Beregond, to Pippin

      "You are the fool, going on hoping and toiling" - Sam, to himself

      "Miserable fool, but I am sorry for him ... He has been a wicked fool" -
      Frodo, re Lotho

      "a few fools that want to be important" - Merry

      "Only that fool Ted was pleased by that ... I don't believe that fool of a
      Pimple's behind all this" - Farmer Cotton

      "Don't waste any more words on the fool, Sam" - Frodo, re Ted

      (Selected. Uses of the word by Saruman, Wormtongue, Denethor, Boromir,
      orcs, etc., omitted)