The Other HOBBIT movie (AGE OF THE HOBBITS)

  • John Rateliff
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 18, 2012
      Just in case folks missed it, the other new HOBBIT movie is now out, THE AGE OF THE HOBBITS (cover blurb: "They're Not Tolkien's Hobbits . . . They're Real").
         It's a direct-to-dvd blend of 1,000,000 BC withThe Seventh Warrior, the hobbits of the title being the Homo Floresienes found in Indonesia a decade or so ago. Rather than Jackson's technical wizardry, they've opted for hiring a lot of asian midgets, so there's an aspect of Wizard of Oz Munchkins here as well.
         I'm only about half-way through viewing it (the dvd just arrived from amazon last night), so can't give a final judgment, but so far I'd say only for completists, and maybe not even for most of them.
         In any case, thought folks might want to hear about a Hobbit movie other than the subject of the current hatefest.
      --John R.