Re: Shippey on Williams on Lewis; Foer on invented language

  • davise@cs.nyu.edu
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2012
      --- In mythsoc@yahoogroups.com, davise@... wrote:

      In this week's New Yorker, Joshua Foer has an article about Ithkuil, a language invented by John Quijada (of the logically perfect school of invented languages):

      http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/12/24/121224fa_fact_foer

      -- Ernie

      Well, having now read the article, I can say that this is just about the weirdest story I have ever read about invented languages, and that's a pretty high bar. One mention of Tolkien; otherwise no actual relevance to mythopoesis, Inklings, etc.