Reposting Larry Swain's message

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2012
      (Somehow Larry's message got into the group's spam filter. Here it is.)

      There is much to respond to, and I won't get to it all. But a quick response
      here:

      "Tonight we sleep in the Rockies!" was the frequent cry of the American pioneers
      pushing west, to see the tips of the gleaming peaks against the horizon in the
      morning sun. Except they discovered that they had months of travel ahead of
      them yet before that cry would come true. I can both believe that from the TOP
      of the pass in the Misty Mtns one could see off in the distance on a clear day a
      gleam of snow on top of the Lonely Mountain WITHOUT the scope of Middle Earth
      being so significantly reduced. Mountains after all, are highly visible by
      nature.
      --
      Larry Swain
      theswain@...