Re: [mythsoc] what about other adaptations of tolkien's lotr and hobbett not including the movies like the bbc radio play and drama of the hobbett and lotr?

  • scribbler@scribblerworks.us
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2012
      I think my favorite presentation of THE HOBBIT (short of reading the book
      itself) is the abridged reading that Nicol Williamson did. I don't know if
      it is still available. But he does it wonderfully -- his reading of the
      Riddles in the Dark is WONDERFUL (especially when saying "scrumptiously
      crunchible"). I haven't played the recording in a long time (I have it on
      vinyl!), but maybe now is the season to get it out for a new listen.

      Sarah