Re: [mythsoc] ADMIN: Advisory

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 16, 2012
      Sorry, I wrote my last before I saw Joan's advisory. I agree it's out of place now - but no more so than what I was responding to.

      I have also now read Toyin's latest, and we are back where we started - with unsupported declarations that I can only respond to, as I responded the first time and which set Toyin off the first time, with "I reject this utterly."

      To repeat, I do not reject Toyin's right to enjoy the movies. Enjoy away. Be reminded of Tolkien as much as you want. But I reject utterly any claim that Jackson _does_ understand Tolkien, even expressed as an opinion.

      To back this up, however, I would have to go into plot details, which Toyin says do not "have much meaning for me." So any reply is dismissed into the trivia bin before it starts.
    • ftl_publications
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 11, 2013
        This is an advisory from the Friendly Neighborhood Mythsoc Administrator that a
        handful of the current exchanges are nearing the edge of civil discourse. Please
        pay careful attention to them before they go over the line.

        Thank you for your attention.

        Carry on.

        Joan