The Hobbett An Unexpected Jerney my thoughts.

  • Mich
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2012
      Last night I watched the first part of Peater Jackson's Hobbit movie. I thought that the movie could be cald The road that go's on and on and on. The movie was very slow I found and took a long time to get going. First we had the long intro by Bilbo and then after all of that was dun we had the intro to all the 13 dwarves. after all that then Bilbo finely got going on his adventure. I found my self sitting there going through a mental checklist of all the different adventures that Bilbo and co experience on the way. Sure there were the trolls and the goblins etc but there was a few detours that Jackson and co felt necessary to put in like meeting ratagast the brown who only get's a passing mentchen in the book but who in the movie get's a huge part. Then they have a longer then normal stay at rivindale where Gandalf meets with Elrond and saroman and Galadriel. and then we have this hole business with the necromancer. After this then they go on and get captured by the goblins. the goblin king didn't really add anything to the story and I didn't find him that funny. Of korce then we have Bilbo doing the riddle game with Gollum witch was fun to see. I didn't like though how Bilbo found the ring or I should say at least how it shows Bilbo finding the ring. All in all I found that the movie dragged and that at 169 min that they could have shortened it considerably with out taking those detours. I found that I left the movies with rather a bad taste in my mouth since I wasn't really that excited like I was when the fellowship came out.  I also feel that they could have dun a bit more intro to some of the 13 dwarves instead of just ballin and thorin I also found it very annoying that 2 of the dwarves names were miss pronounced through out the movie. all in all on a skail of 5 I give it a 2 out of 5. maybe the next parts will be better. well these are my thoughts. from Mich.