The Hobbit Movie (no spoilers)

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
      I just came back from the Hobbit movie.

      It's good. Go see it. (Do I need to add IMHO?)
      (I saw it in IMAX 3D and found the picture to be sharp, clear, HD quality. Your
      mileage may vary, of course.)

      Aside: If you're a Star Trek fan, see it in IMAX 3D to see 9 minutes of the
      upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness. It's amazing.

      Joan
      *****************************
      Joan Marie Verba
      http://www.joanmarieverba.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
        I also am just back from the Hobbit movie.

        2D, 24 fps, and I still feel as if I've been bludgeoned by a giant stick.

        Nobody who loves the book should be wooed thereby into seeing this movie (unless, poor sods like me, they feel they have to). Nobody.

        And this reaction has nothing to do with "purism." That was the least of the problems.

        I doubt I'll have any more to say until my bruises begin to heal.

        >It's good. Go see it. (Do I need to add IMHO?)
        >(I saw it in IMAX 3D and found the picture to be sharp, clear, HD quality. Your
        >mileage may vary, of course.)
        >
        >Aside: If you're a Star Trek fan, see it in IMAX 3D to see 9 minutes of the
        >upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness. It's amazing.
        >
        >Joan

      • Mike Foster
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
          And the first of the California voting returns are in.

          Mike

          Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 4:24 PM
          Subject: Re: [mythsoc] The Hobbit Movie (no spoilers)

          I also am just back from the Hobbit movie.

          2D, 24 fps, and I still feel as if I've been bludgeoned by a giant stick.

          Nobody who loves the book should be wooed thereby into seeing this movie (unless, poor sods like me, they feel they have to). Nobody.

          And this reaction has nothing to do with "purism." That was the least of the problems.

          I doubt I'll have any more to say until my bruises begin to heal.

          href="mailto:Joan.Marie.Verba%40sff.net">mailto:Joan.Marie.Verba%40sff.net
          >Sent:
          Dec 14, 2012 1:48 PM
          >To:
          href="mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:mythsoc%40yahoogroups.com
          >Subject:
          [mythsoc] The Hobbit Movie (no spoilers)

          >I just came back from
          the Hobbit movie.

          >It's good. Go see it. (Do I need to add
          IMHO?)
          >(I saw it in IMAX 3D and found the picture to be sharp, clear, HD
          quality. Your
          >mileage may vary, of course.)
          >
          >Aside: If
          you're a Star Trek fan, see it in IMAX 3D to see 9 minutes of the
          >upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness. It's
          amazing.

          >Joan
          >*****************************
          >Joan
          Marie Verba

          href="http://www.joanmarieverba.com">http://www.joanmarieverba.com

        • Doug Kane
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
            I'm shocked! Winking smile emoticon

            Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 2:24 PM

            I also am just back from the Hobbit movie.

            2D, 24 fps, and I still feel as if I've been bludgeoned by a giant stick.

            Nobody who loves the book should be wooed thereby into seeing this movie (unless, poor sods like me, they feel they have to). Nobody.

            And this reaction has nothing to do with "purism." That was the least of the problems.

            I doubt I'll have any more to say until my bruises begin to heal.

            [mythsoc] The Hobbit Movie (no spoilers)

            >I just came back from
            the Hobbit movie.

            >It's good. Go see it. (Do I need to add
            IMHO?)
            >(I saw it in IMAX 3D and found the picture to be sharp, clear, HD
            quality. Your
            >mileage may vary, of course.)
            >
            >Aside: If
            you're a Star Trek fan, see it in IMAX 3D to see 9 minutes of the
            >upcoming Star Trek: Into Darkness. It's
            amazing.

            >Joan
            >Joan
            Marie Verba

            href="http://www.joanmarieverba.com">http://www.joanmarieverba.com

          • David Emerson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 14, 2012
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 16, 2012

                Hi Dug and all I agree. about the only thing good if there was anything good about this movie was the music and I am thinking of the misty mountain song and the ending song that plays over the credits. It was no lotr for sure I just can't get my mind around how Jackson and co could have fumbled so badly. I am still in shock at how utterly bad the hole movie was. I came away from the theaiter thankful it was all over lol. and it gave me a really bad taste in my mouth  it was very disappointing. some of the seens made me want to grab the clicker and fast forward through and other seens when they miss pronounced the names made me want to stand up and shout out the real names. fools all of them. it was utterly horrid and I think can only be summed up by Bilbo "well I think the worste is over" well here's hoping!! from Mich. ps if you want to read my hole thoughts then look for the msg that i posted cald The Hobbett my thoughts. or something like that.