Looking for reviewers of Mythos Media books (see below)

  • James Curcio
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012
      I've got two books actually that some people here may like to review. Apocalyptic Imaginary: Best of Modern Mythology is available in hardcopy as well as kindle and epub to a DEFINITE reviewer, The Immanence of Myth is available in digital format from me though you could likely get a print copy from the publisher especially if you too are in the UK (Weaponized is a UK based small pub. I am in the US.) The Words of Traitors as I explain later is easiest provided as PDF although hardcopy might be arranged for special cases.

      These represent a decade of work, so though they are all first editions and likely suffer some of the minor issues that first editions often suffer despite having gone through paid editorial, I believe that as a whole they really have something to provide, especially to a younger generation that has yet to really grasp how to read not only the myths "out there" but also, and possibly more importantly, the myths "in here."

      jamescurcio at gmail.com
      484 319 7323 if it should be needed.
       Apocalyptic Imaginary: The Best of Modern Mythology 2011
      List Price: $18.00
      7" x 10" (17.78 x 25.4 cm)
      Black & White on White paper
      174 pages
      Mythos Media, 1st edition
      ISBN-13: 978-0615590011 (Custom)
      ISBN-10: 0615590012
      BISAC: Philosophy / Essays
      This book captures and expands upon the unique commentary and analysis that has helped define the Modern Mythology project in 2011. Through the voices of many contributors, we collectively take a hard look at the blurred lines between narrative and truth, philosophy and literature, personal history and cultural memory. All of this is done with an eye towards the imagined apocalypse that is always just around the corner.

      • The Immanence of Myth
      • Perfect Paperback: 320 pages
      • Publisher: Weaponized; 1st edition (August 31, 2011)
      • Language: English
      • ISBN-10: 1907810080
      • ISBN-13: 978-1907810084

      Myth's central importance does not end with our art or religions. It is not solely a dusty world of broken clay pots and tablets written in dead languages. Our myths determine how we engage with the world, how we enter into it. How we treat ourselves and one another. Far from being archaic relics of the past, myths will determine our future. Even if we are unaware of them, they will continue to affect us. This book explores the subject of immanent myth from many angles, through articles, essays, and interviews from a variety of people actively engaged in mythic work and research. We must invent our myths-or re-invent them-ourselves. If you haven't already, take this as a wake-up call to join in and become a myth-maker of the 21st century.
      ---------------------------------------

      Words of Traitors: 7 Lives In Transition
      Authored by James Curcio, Contributions by Caitlin Murphy, Designed by James Curcio, Designed by Katrina Stubbs, Assisted by Jazmin Idakaar, Contributions by Laurie Lipton, Contributions by Bethany Shorb, Contributions by Amy Clare, Contributions by Alexey Andreev, Cover design or artwork by James Dupree, Photographs by S Jenx, Contributions by Olga Sukhotinskaya, Contributions by Lumi valkoinen
      Words of Traitors: 7 Lives In Transition
      List Price: $29.99
      8" x 10" (20.32 x 25.4 cm)
      Full Color Bleed on White paper
      118 pages
      Mythos Media
      ISBN-13: 978-0615705187 (Custom)
      ISBN-10: 0615705189
      BISAC: Comics & Graphic Novels / Anthologies
      Hope and faith, sex and death, excess and deprivation, loss. An illustrated collection of treacherous memories. These dark modern fairy tales will stick with you long after you've put the book down.

      "Beautiful!" -David Mack, (Kabuki, Daredevil, Dexter.)

      Full color art by an international collection of artists

      Please contact me offlist if you would like to review any of these titles. Words of Traitors is available as PDF, and could be shipped in hardcover is the review again is assured, but as it is full color the printing is expensive so I ask that it only be for those that intend to give it the time and placement it deserves (that of course does not mean I expect a 5 star review, only the time involved in provided a 2 sided review.)

      The first 2 books are nonfiction and deal with "mythology" as a philosophical and cultural concept from many angles. The latter is a work of personal mythology, where "real" memories are mythologized and given to fictional character. The memories themselves are the "traitors." In a sense the latter is the culmination of the other two.

      Thanks again for the consideration of those interested.

      Modern Myths, Independantly Produced: http://www.mythosmedia.net
      The Modern Mythology blog: http://www.modernmythology.net