Does anyone have any information about this?

  • Kathleen Lamantia
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012
      ????

      Does anyone know anything about this?

      Thank you.

      > Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:20:29 +0000
      > From: order-update@...
      > To: Kathleen_Lamantia@...
      > Subject: Your Amazon.com order
      >
      > Hello,
      >
      > Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
      >
      > Alister McGrath "C. S. Lewis – A Life: Eccentric Genius, Reluctant Prophet"
      >

      > We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.
      >
      > If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1414339356 went there - no info
      >
      > If you took advantage of a promotional offer when placing this order, this cancellation may affect your order's eligibility for that offer. If this is the case, please contact customer service:
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/contact-us
      >
      > For more details about the status of this order, please visit the "Your Account" page: no info other than "no can do"
      >
      > http://www.amazon.com/your-account
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > Customer Service Department
      > http://www.amazon.com
      > Check your order and more: http://www.amazon.com/your-account
      >
      > Please note: This e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

    • John Rateliff
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2012
        Never heard of it before, but McGrath's website lists it as an ongoing project due to be published in March of next year, with a companion volume out in June. So not clear from that whether it's been cancelled or simply delayed.
           Here's the link:

        and here's a description of that second book, which sounds more rigorous than most books on Lewis's thought.

        --John R.

        ????