Re: [mythsoc] it's coming (the music)

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 23 , Nov 13, 2012
      For those who can't wait that long, it is available for listening at:  http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35757

      Doug

      Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:57 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] it's coming (the music)

      On Nov 12, 2012, at 11:26 AM, David Bratman wrote:

      . . .    Some people have a very protective attitude towards old Howard.
      At a much earlier date on some list, possibly here, I first expressed my
      opinion that his music was competent hackwork, no more than that, and
      someone reacted with incredulity that my prejudice against Jackson was so
      overwhelming that I even took it out on the innocent music.  Actually, I'm
      better-qualified to review classical and pseudo-classical music than I am to
      review movies: I actually have a job doing it.

      Which reminds me: for those looking forward to Shore's soundtrack, the cd goes on sale December 11th, three days before the movie comes out.

      Those who want to avoid spoilers shd not look at the list of track titles, though, since they give clues as to which scenes from the original will be included (and also what some of the interpolated scenes must be).

      --John R.

      No virus found in this message.

    • Jason Fisher
      Message 2 of 23 , Nov 13, 2012