Books available for review in Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 12, 2012

      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/books/ has been updated.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

    • Janet B. Croft
      Message 2 of 12 , May 12, 2016
        If you are interested in reviewing one of these titles, contact me at mythlore@...:

        Bell, Christopher E., ed. Wizards Vs. Muggles: Essays on Identity and the Harry Potter Universe. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2016. Print.
        Glyer, Diana Pavlac Owen James A., and illustrator. Bandersnatch : C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings. Kent, Ohio: Black Squirrel Books, Kent State University Press, 2016. Print.
        Kort, Wesley A. Reading C.S. Lewis: A Commentary. Oxford, 2016. Print.
        McDaniel, Kathryn N. , and Travis Prinzi, eds. Harry Potter for Nerds Ii : Essays for Fans, Academics, and Lit Geeks . Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Unlocking Press, 2015. Print.
        Owen, James A., illus. Inklings Coloring Book. [Place of publication not identified]: Kent State Univ Press, 2016. Print.
        Oziewicz, Marek. Justice in Young Adult Speculative Fiction : A Cognitive Reading. Children's Literature and Culture. New York: London, 2015. Print.
        Parsons, Deke. J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard and the Birth of Modern Fantasy. Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Risden, Edward L. Tolkien's Intellectual Landscape. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Spencer, Richard A. Harry Potter and the Classical World : Greek and Roman Allusions in J.K. Rowling's Modern Epic. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Umland, Rebecca A. Outlaw Heroes as Liminal Figures of Film and Television. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2016. Print.
        Williamson, Jamie. The Evolution of Modern Fantasy : From Antiquarianism to the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series. First edition. ed. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. Print.
        Yuasa, Kyoko. C.S. Lewis and Christian Postmodernism: Word, Image, and Beyond. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016. Print.

        Janet Brennan Croft
        Head of Access and Delivery Services
        Rutgers University Libraries
        Alexander Library 109
        169 College Ave
        New Brunswick, NJ 08901
        janet.b.croft@...
        848-932-6077
        https://rci-rutgers.academia.edu/JanetCroft
        Editor of Mythlore, A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/
        Download the Mythlore Index Plus http://www.mythsoc.org/press/mythlore-index-plus-electronic/
      • Alana Joli Abbott
        Message 3 of 12 , May 12, 2016
          I would *love* the coloring book if it's available. I do adult coloring book as a meditative thing, so it would be fun to review an Inklings-centric one!

          -Alana

          On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
          Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
          Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
        • Travis Buchanan
          Message 4 of 12 , May 12, 2016
            I'd be interested in Yuasa and/or Kort.
            On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM Alana Joli Abbott alanajoli@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          • Troels Forchhammer
            Message 5 of 12 , May 13, 2016
              Hi,

              If possible (I see it is print, and I know it might be costly to send it to Denmark), I'd like to review the Risden book.

              Kindly,
              Troels

              On 13 May 2016 at 00:30, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

              ------------------------------------
              Posted by: "Janet B. Croft" <janet.b.croft@...>

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  mythsoc-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  mythsoc-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  Love while you've got
                      love to give.
                  Live while you've got
                      life to live.
               - Piet Hein, /Memento Vivere/
            • Alana Joli Abbott

                  Message 8 of 12 , Nov 29

                    Reviews are due by February 25 and August 25 for the Spring and Fall issues, respectively. Guidelines for reviewers at http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/mythlore-books.htm. If you are interested in reviewing any of these items, contact me at mythlore@..., NOT as a reply to this email.

                    Available as of 29 November 2017:

                    Abbruscato, Joseph and Tanya Jones. The Gothic Fairy Tale in Young Adult Literature : Essays on Stories from Grimm to Gaiman. McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2014.

                    Amendt-Raduege, Amy. The Sweet and the Bitter: Death and Dying in J. R. R. Tolkien's the Lord of the Rings. The Kent State University Press, 2018.

                    Dixon, Jeffrey John. Goddess and Grail: The Battle for King Arthur's Promised Land. McFarland, 2017.

                    Eilmann, Julian and Evelyn Koch, translator. J.R.R. Tolkien: Romanticist and Poet. Walking Tree Publishers, 2017. Cormarë Series, vol. no 36.

                    Kirner-Ludwig, Monika et al., editors. Binding Them All: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on J.R.R. Tolkien and His Works. Walking Tree Publishers, 2017.

                    MacDonald, George et al. Phantastes. Annotated edition. edition, Winged Lion Press, 2017.

                    Pavlac, Brian A., editor. Game of Thrones Vs. History: Written in Blood. Wiley Blackwell, 2017.

                    Struck, Peter T. Divination and Human Nature: A Cognitive History of Intuition in Classical Antiquity. Princeton University Press, 2016. (Review of this book would be due February 25, 2018 for the special issue on Divination in Fantasy.)

                    Janet Brennan Croft
                    Head of Access and Delivery Services
                    Rutgers University Libraries
                    Alexander Library 109