Books available for review in Mythlore

  • Croft, Janet B.
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 12, 2012

      http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/books/ has been updated.

      Janet Brennan Croft

      “Almost as entertaining as the guy with a tank full of scorpions. But not quite.” OKC Mensa, after I lectured on Tolkien and war.

    • Janet B. Croft
      Message 2 of 10 , May 12, 2016
        If you are interested in reviewing one of these titles, contact me at mythlore@...:

        Bell, Christopher E., ed. Wizards Vs. Muggles: Essays on Identity and the Harry Potter Universe. Jefferson NC: McFarland, 2016. Print.
        Glyer, Diana Pavlac Owen James A., and illustrator. Bandersnatch : C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and the Creative Collaboration of the Inklings. Kent, Ohio: Black Squirrel Books, Kent State University Press, 2016. Print.
        Kort, Wesley A. Reading C.S. Lewis: A Commentary. Oxford, 2016. Print.
        McDaniel, Kathryn N. , and Travis Prinzi, eds. Harry Potter for Nerds Ii : Essays for Fans, Academics, and Lit Geeks . Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Unlocking Press, 2015. Print.
        Owen, James A., illus. Inklings Coloring Book. [Place of publication not identified]: Kent State Univ Press, 2016. Print.
        Oziewicz, Marek. Justice in Young Adult Speculative Fiction : A Cognitive Reading. Children's Literature and Culture. New York: London, 2015. Print.
        Parsons, Deke. J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard and the Birth of Modern Fantasy. Critical Explorations in Science Fiction and Fantasy. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Risden, Edward L. Tolkien's Intellectual Landscape. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Spencer, Richard A. Harry Potter and the Classical World : Greek and Roman Allusions in J.K. Rowling's Modern Epic. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2015. Print.
        Umland, Rebecca A. Outlaw Heroes as Liminal Figures of Film and Television. Jefferson, North Carolina: McFarland & Company, Inc , Publishers, 2016. Print.
        Williamson, Jamie. The Evolution of Modern Fantasy : From Antiquarianism to the Ballantine Adult Fantasy Series. First edition. ed. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015. Print.
        Yuasa, Kyoko. C.S. Lewis and Christian Postmodernism: Word, Image, and Beyond. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 2016. Print.

        Janet Brennan Croft
        Head of Access and Delivery Services
        Rutgers University Libraries
        Alexander Library 109
        169 College Ave
        New Brunswick, NJ 08901
        janet.b.croft@...
        848-932-6077
        https://rci-rutgers.academia.edu/JanetCroft
        Editor of Mythlore, A Journal of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Charles Williams, and Mythopoeic Literature http://www.mythsoc.org/mythlore/
        Download the Mythlore Index Plus http://www.mythsoc.org/press/mythlore-index-plus-electronic/
      • Alana Joli Abbott
        Message 3 of 10 , May 12, 2016
          I would *love* the coloring book if it's available. I do adult coloring book as a meditative thing, so it would be fun to review an Inklings-centric one!

          -Alana

          On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:30 PM, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          Author of "The Redemption Trilogy" http://tinyurl.com/aja-redemption
          Author of apps Choice of Kung Fu and Showdown at Willow Creek http://tinyurl.com/aja-cog
          Contributor to Tales of Rosuto Shima http://tinyurl.com/aja-talesrs
        • Travis Buchanan
          Message 4 of 10 , May 12, 2016
            I'd be interested in Yuasa and/or Kort.
            On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 6:57 PM Alana Joli Abbott alanajoli@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

[...]

          • Troels Forchhammer
            Message 5 of 10 , May 13, 2016
              Hi,

              If possible (I see it is print, and I know it might be costly to send it to Denmark), I'd like to review the Risden book.

              Kindly,
              Troels

              On 13 May 2016 at 00:30, 'Janet B. Croft' janet.b.croft@... [mythsoc] <mythsoc@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
[...]

              ------------------------------------