Re: [mythsoc] Off Topic

  • Madame K
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2000
      Yup! Quite a few of us have. I read it a while back and am planning to
      reread it again soon. I watched the recent well-done BBC Gormenghast
      mini-series at this summer's Mythcon, thanks to David Bratman.

      Mary Jo

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • alexeik@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2000
        In a message dated 9/14/0 4:14:09 PM, Jane wrote:

        <<Out of curiosity, has anyone on the list read the Gormenghast trilogy.>>

        Of course. I haven't, however, read the new one-volume edition that contains
        the fragment of _Titus Awakes_, the book that was to follow _Titus Alone_
        (itself unfinished).
        Alexei
      • Stolzi@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2000
          In a message dated 09/14/2000 11:14:02 AM Central Daylight Time,
          jharrison3@... writes:

          > How come David was not portrayed in the
          > movie, Shadowlands and only Douglas.

          The child's pov could be handled by one child, and dealing with one child
          actor is a lot easier and less expensive. Makes the drama more intense, too.

          And the movie is not strictly autobiographical, anyway. Douglas was a
          teenager at the time his mother died, and there are other discrepancies.

          Mary S
        • Berni Phillips
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 14, 2000
            >From: Jane Harrison <jharrison3@...>
            >
            >Out of curiosity, has anyone on the list read the Gormenghast trilogy. I am
            >about to embark on this great task and thought
            >I might get some feedback.

            I read them and enjoyed them immensely. I liked the first book the best.

            Berni