Re: [mythsoc] Landscape

  • Mich
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 12, 2012
      Hi all on the topic of landscape beaing Blind and lissening to Tolkien I have never skipt sections of the book since it would not really make sence for me to do so. with that said though. I wasverry impressed when I was able to find on wetta's websight that you were able to bye moddles of the diffrent places in lotr. for instence I bought a moddle of helms deep and also the mines of morriea. and having these 2 moddles in my hands gives me a good idea of what they look like when they are described in the book. from Mich.
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 14, 2012
        Some more contributions:

        City of Lost Children

        Dreamchild (part fantasy bio of Lewis Carroll, starring Ian Holm)

        Return to Oz

        The Navigator (1988, party of 14th Cent. pilgrims travel into the future to find a way to fight the plague)

        Time Bandits

        Wings of Desire

                Steve Gaddis

        Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:06 AM
        Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Truly great films of the fantastic

        Tarsem Singh's "The Fall".

        Del Toro's "Pan's Labyrinth".

        Everything Hayao Miyazaki has done for Studio Ghibli.

        -- David Emerson

        Would listfolk like to offer their nominations for films that prove that the motion picture may be an art form truly worthy of the fantastic imagination?