Re: [mythsoc] All about the Lewis estate

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2000
      WendellWag@... writes:

      << O.K., so this company called the C. S. Lewis Pte. has owned the rights to
      Lewis's books since the Greshams sold it to them in the mid-'70's. >>

      There's one more important fact about the Lewis estate that I didn't mention
      in my post. Until the early '90's, everybody assumed that Douglas and David
      Gresham still owned the rights to Lewis's books. The people associated with
      the estate never lied about the ownership, but nobody knew the Greshams had
      sold it till Joe Christopher was making a routine inquiry with the literary
      agents for the Lewis's works about using some quotes for a book. He
      mentioned the Greshams, and the agents said that they had not controlled the
      estate since the mid-'70's. The fact that the estate had been sold was thus
      unknown to most Lewis scholars for about 15 years.

      Joe, have I told this right? It's been a while since I read about it.