Landscape

  • John Davis
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 9, 2012
      Does anyone know of any books (or even published articles) written on the importance of landscape in fantasy? I'm sure there must be some out there, but a quick trawl of Amazon and ABE failed to find me any.

      John
    • aveeris523
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 14, 2012
        Some more contributions:

        City of Lost Children

        Dreamchild (part fantasy bio of Lewis Carroll, starring Ian Holm)

        Return to Oz

        The Navigator (1988, party of 14th Cent. pilgrims travel into the future to find a way to fight the plague)

        Time Bandits

        Wings of Desire

                Steve Gaddis

        Sent: Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:06 AM
        Subject: Re: [mythsoc] Truly great films of the fantastic

        Tarsem Singh's "The Fall".

        Del Toro's "Pan's Labyrinth".

        Everything Hayao Miyazaki has done for Studio Ghibli.

        -- David Emerson

        Would listfolk like to offer their nominations for films that prove that the motion picture may be an art form truly worthy of the fantastic imagination?