The Man Born Blind / Light

  • CHRISTOPHER, DR. JOE R.
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 20, 2012
      To John Rateliff:

      I've read _Light: C. S. Lewis's First and Final Short Story_. It was first available at the co-conference of the C. S. Lewis and inklings Society and the Eighth Ewbank Colloquium on C. S. Lewis on Friends last May 31-June 2 at Taylor University, Upland, Indiana, which is where I purchased my copy. Charlie W. Starr does a very good job of presenting the evidence about the story and arguing that it is by Lewis (since Lindskoog suggested it wasn't). Oddly enough, although Lindskoog is mentioned in footnotes, her writings being referred do not appear in the bibliography. Presumably Starr doesn't want to give publicity to them, since he writes in the footnote on p. 20 that Lindskoog's "arguments have been thoroughly refuted"; that is not correct about all of them. But I think Starr does an excellent job of showing Lindskoog was wrong about "The Man Born Blind."

      --Joe