Re: [mythsoc] Attention, fans of Ursula K. Le Guin!

  • Joshua Ellis
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 18, 2012

      On Oct 17, 2012, at 11:05 AM, Jason Fisher <visualweasel@...> wrote:

      Attention, fans of Ursula K. Le Guin, Earthsea, and free stuff! . . . leave a reply here to enter the random drawing. Tell us what you like about Le Guin and/or Earthsea, leave a reminiscence about the first time you read her books, or whatever else you might like to share.

      Until a few months ago, I had never read any of Le Guin’s fiction. I knew who she was, of course. I’d read her writing book _Steering the Craft_ on the recommendation of a friend many years ago. But she was one of those authors on my when-I-get-around-to-it list. While looking for reading material to accompany me on a recent move across the country, I chose _Left Hand of Darkness_. I thought it was brilliant. When we settled in our new home, I decided to try _Wizard of Earthsea_, and over the last few weeks have finished the first three Earthsea books, and am relishing my journey through the fourth. Her fiction conveys a love of language and of the craft of story telling that I find quite engrossing.

      --
      Joshua Ellis
      http://about.me/joshua.ellis

    • Paola Castagno

        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 18, 2012
          Haven't read them. Would sure like to! Fingers crossed!

          To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com
          From: visualweasel@...
          Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:05:00 -0700
          Subject: [mythsoc] Attention, fans of Ursula K. Le Guin!

          Attention, fans of Ursula K. Le Guin, Earthsea, and free stuff! Houghton Mifflin Harcourt and Simon & Schuster have worked together to produce a brand new set of all six Earthsea books with beautiful new art and packaging. Thanks to their k
          indness, we have a set to give away to a fan. For the next 24 hours, leave a reply here to enter the random drawing. Tell us what you like about Le Guin and/or Earthsea, leave a reminiscence about the first time you read her books, or whatever else you might like to share. We'll take the names of everyone who leaves a comment on this thread by 12:00 PM PST Thursday, October 18, and randomly pick a winner. Good luck!

          See the new set here:

          Best,
          Jason
          Editor, Mythprint

        • Jason Fisher
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 29, 2012
            We have a winner for the Le Guin Earthsea giveaway. Congratulations to R.J. Anderson! And thanks to everyone for participating. :)

            Best,
            Jason