Re: [mythsoc] The Fall of Arthur publication date

  • Mich
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012

      does any one know when or even if this book will be coming out in audio book format? from Mich.
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
        I don't think there has been any announcement as of yet, but I would be disappointed if there wasn't one.  I would suspect that one factor would be whether the Sigurd audiobook did okay.  If very few people bought that, the publishers might think twice about investing in one for The Fall of Arthur.  But I can't think of anything that cries out more for an audio book than a long alliterative poem like this.

        Doug

        Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:19 AM

        Date unknown, but a U.S. edition is definitely coming. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced its acquisition of the rights yesterday (thanks to Doug Anderson for the news):

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
          It's my understanding that there was no SIGURD & GUDRUN audiobook; hence I assume there won't be a FALL OF ARTHUR audiobook either. Too bad: I really enjoy listening to alliterative verse and narrative verse read aloud.
             Perhaps, Mich, you could find a reading party to celebrate the book's release? I know I attended a gathering of the kind at a not-quite local bookstore when CHILDREN OF HURIN came out. Good luck!
          --John R. (who's already pre-ordered his copy)

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
            There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

            Here is the Amazon.co.uk link (though out of stock):

            Check out the video of Brian Cox doing some of the reading on that page.

            Doug

            does any one know when or even if this book will be coming out in audio book format? from Mich.
            __

            No virus found in this message.

          • Wayne G. Hammond
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
              There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

              It was produced but seems never to have been released, anywhere. (We don't know why it was never released.) We kept watch for it on Amazon UK, but it was never in stock, and although there's a preliminary record for the audiobook on Worldcat, no libraries are listed as owning a copy.

              Wayne & Christina
            • Doug Kane
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
                Ah, okay. I always assumed it had been released over there. My bad.

                Doug

                "Wayne G. Hammond" <Wayne.G.Hammond@...> wrote:

                There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

                It was produced but seems never to have been released, anywhere. (We don't know why it was never released.) We kept watch for it on Amazon UK, but it was never in stock, and although there's a preliminary record for the audiobook on Worldcat, no libraries are listed as owning a copy.

                Wayne & Christina

              • ernestsdavis
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
                  To revive a thread from a year ago: Amazon (both US and UK) now lists a publication date of May 23, 2013.
                  -- Ernie