Re: [mythsoc] The Fall of Arthur publication date

  • Doug Kane
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
      Almatolmen at theonering.com (all these similarly named sites!) notes that Amazon.com now has two listings, one for a hardcover, and the other for a hardcover deluxe edition, with a May 23, 2012 release date:

      However, that link shows Harper Collins as the publisher, not HMH.

      Doug

      Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:19 AM
      Subject: Re: [mythsoc] The Fall of Arthur publication date

      Date unknown, but a U.S. edition is definitely coming. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced its acquisition of the rights yesterday (thanks to Doug Anderson for the news):

      Best,
      Jason

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012

        does any one know when or even if this book will be coming out in audio book format? from Mich.

        Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:19 AM

        Date unknown, but a U.S. edition is definitely coming. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced its acquisition of the rights yesterday (thanks to Doug Anderson for the news):

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
          I don't think there has been any announcement as of yet, but I would be disappointed if there wasn't one.  I would suspect that one factor would be whether the Sigurd audiobook did okay.  If very few people bought that, the publishers might think twice about investing in one for The Fall of Arthur.  But I can't think of anything that cries out more for an audio book than a long alliterative poem like this.

          Doug

          Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:19 AM

          Date unknown, but a U.S. edition is definitely coming. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt announced its acquisition of the rights yesterday (thanks to Doug Anderson for the news):

          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
            It's my understanding that there was no SIGURD & GUDRUN audiobook; hence I assume there won't be a FALL OF ARTHUR audiobook either. Too bad: I really enjoy listening to alliterative verse and narrative verse read aloud.
               Perhaps, Mich, you could find a reading party to celebrate the book's release? I know I attended a gathering of the kind at a not-quite local bookstore when CHILDREN OF HURIN came out. Good luck!
            --John R. (who's already pre-ordered his copy)

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 8, 2012
              There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

              Here is the Amazon.co.uk link (though out of stock):

              Check out the video of Brian Cox doing some of the reading on that page.

              Doug

              does any one know when or even if this book will be coming out in audio book format? from Mich.
              __

              No virus found in this message.

            • Wayne G. Hammond
              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
                There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

                It was produced but seems never to have been released, anywhere. (We don't know why it was never released.) We kept watch for it on Amazon UK, but it was never in stock, and although there's a preliminary record for the audiobook on Worldcat, no libraries are listed as owning a copy.

                Wayne & Christina
              • Doug Kane
                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 9, 2012
                  Ah, okay. I always assumed it had been released over there. My bad.

                  Doug

                  "Wayne G. Hammond" <Wayne.G.Hammond@...> wrote:

                  There was, actually, John, performed by the actor Brian Cox.  I'm not sure, however, that it was ever sold here in the U.S.   It might have only been sold in the UK.

                  It was produced but seems never to have been released, anywhere. (We don't know why it was never released.) We kept watch for it on Amazon UK, but it was never in stock, and although there's a preliminary record for the audiobook on Worldcat, no libraries are listed as owning a copy.

                  Wayne & Christina

                • ernestsdavis
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 26, 2013
                    To revive a thread from a year ago: Amazon (both US and UK) now lists a publication date of May 23, 2013.
                    -- Ernie