My fantasy novel, Sword of Queens, no charge September 21-22 on Kindle

  • Joan.Marie.Verba@sff.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 20, 2012
      My fantasy novel, Sword of Queens, can be downloaded for no charge on the Kindle
      today and tomorrow (September 21-22)

      http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098SC634

      I do, however, post with caution because I wouldn't want anyone to throw their
      Kindle across the room because the novel wasn't to their taste. If a novel about
      a heroine who finds a magic sword and uses it against an evil overlord doesn't
      seem the right novel for you, just disregard this message. However, if you love
      such stories and can't get enough of them, this novel may be for you.

      So far, I've gathered three nice reviews. One on the US Kindle page calls it a
      "page-turner" and one on the UK Kindle page said he couldn't put it down. I've
      also read excerpts at the Rivendell meetings and the Rivendell group seemed to
      enjoy those.

      Again, proceed with caution nonetheless...but on the other hand, if you download
      it today or tomorrow, you don't have to pay anything for it, so you wouldn't
      have lost anything but the download time.

      Happy reading,
      Joan

      *****************************
      Joan Marie Verba
      http://www.joanmarieverba.com
      Author of Countdown to Action, Action Alert, Deadly Danger, Situation: Critical,
      Extreme Hazard, and Danger Zone
    • Linda DeMars
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 20, 2012
        Sounds wonderful.  Again, alas, I have a nook.

        Linda DeMars

        May I  recommend this to my local Tolkien meet-up group and give them the link?

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 20, 2012
          > Sounds wonderful. Again, alas, I have a nook.
          >
          > Linda DeMars
          >
          > May I recommend this to my local Tolkien meet-up group and give them the
          > link?

          Feel free to share or repost, Linda (and anyone else reading this!).

          Sword of Queens by Joan Marie Verba
          http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098SC634

          Thanks,
          Joan

          *****************************
          Joan Marie Verba
          http://www.joanmarieverba.com
          Author of Countdown to Action, Action Alert, Deadly Danger, Situation:
          Critical, Extreme Hazard, and Danger Zone
        • Jo Foster
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 21, 2012
            Got it from Amazon.  Thank you.

            Jo Foster

            Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 10:13 PM
            Subject: [mythsoc] My fantasy novel, Sword of Queens, no charge September 21-22 on Kindle

            Sounds wonderful. Again, alas, I have a nook.

            > Linda
            DeMars

            > May I recommend this to my local Tolkien meet-up group
            and give them the
            > link?

            Feel free to share or repost, Linda (and anyone else reading this!).

            Sword of Queens by Joan Marie Verba
            http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098SC634

            Thanks,
            Joan

            *****************************
            Joan Marie Verba
            http://www.joanmarieverba.com
            Author of Countdown to Action, Action Alert, Deadly Danger, Situation:
            Critical, Extreme Hazard, and Danger Zone

          • Paula Bergstrom
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 21, 2012
              Hi Linda,

              If you have a PC, Amazon has a free app for downloading (and reading) their Kindle books on a PC. Maybe has one for a Mac also.

              Paula

              To: mythsoc@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 22, 2012
                  What a delightful book and thanks to all who advised me how to download it to my MAC. I am really enjoying it - I have stopped reading only to express my pleasure and to be sure my local Tolkien friends have the link for it.

                  Linda DeMars