'An unknown vision of Middle-earth'

  • Morgan Thomsen
    Message 1 of 31 , Sep 13, 2012
      Very interesting article in The Times Literary Supplement (12/14 September 2012): 'An unknown vision of Middle-earth' by Paul Tankard (available online at http://www.the-tls.co.uk/tls/public/article1124297.ece), about the artist Mary Fairburn and her illustrations inspired by Middle-earth. Fairburn corresponded with Tolkien, who considered her pictures to be "splendid".

      Thanks to David Doughan, who first noted this article over at the Plaza forum.

      /Morgan Thomsen
    • Patrick Wynne
      Message 31 of 31 , May 25, 2013
        Good lord — Edouard has really gone off the rails. How sad, both for him personally, and for the unsuspecting reader who might not realize what hogwash Kloczko's book contains. Thank you for the excellent commentary.

        On May 25, 2013, at 8:01 AM, "David Giraudeau" <davidkiks@...> wrote:

        Hi all,

        in order to clarify our comments (mine, but also those of Vincent Ferré or Vivien Stocker) on Edouard Kloczko's statements, behaviour and last book (Fr. "Le haut elfique pour les débutants", Eng. "High Elvish for Beginners"), I made a quick English translation of my study of this book.

        It is available here:

        http://lambenore.free.fr/downloads/HED_eng.pdf

        Cordially,

        David