Re: Tolkien audio books

  • Westermeyer GS11 Paul W
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 11, 2012
      > Posted by: "C.N. Bartch" cnbartch@... cnbartch
      > Date: Sat Sep 8, 2012 4:57 pm ((PDT))
      >
      > As for the LOC ones, if you search the catalog at
      > http://www.loc.gov/nls/ you
      > will find quite a few titles available. The only ones I've actually
      > heard though are the few I listed (UT, BOLT1 & 2, Roverandom).

      The LOC titles are only available to the sight-impaired, however... at least, if I read the site correctly. I'm sure there is a copyright issue involved, and I certainly wouldn't want to prevent those whose only option is an audiobook from hearing them, but is there any legal, moral way for those of us who merely enjoy audiobooks to get the LOC versions?

      Paul Westermeyer
      paul.westermeyer@...

      “All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.”
      J. R. R. Tolkien, _The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring_