Re: [mythsoc] All the Tolkien (WAS: Re: The Father Christmas Letters Conundrum)

  • Wayne G. Hammond
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 9, 2012
      Joe,

      On a vaguely related note, these days if I wanted to get all of Tolkien's non-LotR material (Smith/Giles, Leaf by Niggle, On Fairy Storie, etc., etc.), what volumes would I need to buy? A quick scan of Amazon shows Tales from the Perilous Realm and the Tolkien Reader, but I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two volumes, and what might be missing.

      Not to forget the scholarly writings by Tolkien, again including On Fairy-Stories, collected in The Monsters and the Critics and Other Essays.

      Wayne